All of our children are taught to use computers and use their ICT skills to support and extend their learning across the curriculum. The school is well resourced with technology equipment including interactive whiteboards, laptops, netbooks, digital video cameras and programmable robots to support the curriculum.
As part of the ICT progam, all children are taught about safety when using the Internet whether at home or at school.
Children’s Code of Conduct for Internet Use
Using the Computers:
- I will only access the computer system with the login and password I have been given;
- I will not access other peopl’s files;
- I will not bring in memory sticks or CDs from outside school and try to use them on the school computers.
Using the Internet:
- I will ask permission from a teacher before using the internet;
- I will report any unpleasant material to my teacher immediately because this will help protect other pupils and me;
- I understand that the school may check my computer files and may monitor the internet sites I visit;
- I will not complete and send forms without permission from my teacher;
- I will not give my full name, my home address or telephone number when completing forms.
- I will ask permission from a teacher before sending an e-mail;
- I will immediately report any unpleasant messages sent to me because this will help protect other pupils and me;
- I understand that e-mail messages I receive or send may be read by others;
- The messages I send will be polite and responsible;
- I will only e-mail people I know, or my teacher has approved;
- I will only send an e-mail when it has been checked by a teacher;
- I will not give my full name, my home address or telephone number;
- I will not use e-mail to arrange to meet someone outside school hours.
This year William Fletcher pupils have been using Espresso to learn how to code and have created algorithms in blocky language. Year 5 and 6 have been learning how to code games and stories using Scratch and year 3 and 4 have completed the ‘Hour of Code’ Course. If you would like to learn more about coding, please click o the button for fun activities and step by step lessons: